Friday, October 10, 2008

October 4-10

I don't remember a lot of what I did this week. I really need to post here more often. Actually, a lot of the week was eaten up by anxious tension waiting for a call for a job interview that so far hasn't come.

What I remember doing, before today:
  • Went to Kristin's birthday party Sunday, at Sarah's house. Sarah made cake and Brunswick stew for everyone. A lot of the party was spent with people bringing up their playlists online and going through them. There was also a big political debate, and then we played a card game called "Let's Kill".
  • I made this collage (it's supposed to be arranged by color, but I goofed in a couple of spots). After that I decided I wanted to actually have the album covers for albums I only own digitally, so I printed out a few until my printer ran out of ink. Then I decided to try and draw a couple of them, but I still haven't finished them.
  • Played chess with my mom. So far neither of us can ever get checkmate, we always end in a stalemate. My mom said she used to do that to my grandpa a lot, so maybe she has a talent for stalemates or something. There was an incident where I had a chess piece in my hand, and our old gray cat, Lady Blue, smacked it right out of my hand and Frieda almost ate it. Luckily I shouted and she dropped it. Being loud is useful sometimes.
  • Signed up for NaNoWriMo. More about that on the main blog soon.
  • Discovered hulu.com (well, not discovered, Roni told me about it) and watched a bunch of Simpsons episodes
  • Wrote a couple of blog posts in different places
  • Flipped through my new German books
  • Got out a white board that I'm using to write down ideas for stuff to do: those activities I always think of when it's late and I don't have the energy to do them, and then I don't think of them when I'm bored the next day. It helps a lot, especially to break the endless refresh Myspace/refresh Yahoo/refresh blogs cycle I tend to get into when I can't think of anything else to do.
And here's what I did today:
  • Read a Babysitters Club snark, which led to doing a handwriting analysis (because someone brought it up in the comments) that turned out to be mostly junk.
  • We went outside and stuffed pumpkin bags - the kind that are like colored trash bags with pumpkin faces on them - with torn-up paper grocery bags. Using leaves is more fun but we barely get any in Florida until nearly January, plus it was wet outside from rain.
  • I watched an episode of South Park on Hulu, and then I saw that they have whole movies, so I watched Weird Science. I love 80s movies, especially when they involve ridiculous computer stuff that manages to look dated and futuristic at the same time.
  • We went to Walmart, first to look around and talk about what we want for Christmas (we like to plan early), and to get groceries. We wanted a lot of fall stuff: we got some Halloween candy and some apple cider, and I have things to make pumpkin bread and strawberry pie. (Strawberries aren't very autumnal, but I always associate pie with fall.) I also wanted to get a notebook so I could make notes for NaNoWriMo, but I totally forgot about it.
  • I started on my Christmas wishlist because I know my mom is going to start bugging me about it in a couple weeks. Mostly I'm asking for toys and art stuff.
  • Added some stuff to my Myspace playlist, while talking to friends on MSN.

No comments: